[RTTY] Slow FSK

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Slow FSK
From: "Ian S. Amos" <ve3esh@cogeco.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:30:19 -0400
Hi All

I just got Phil's, GU0SUP post on slow FSK.  I am glad you noticed this as
I also heard this a few times during the contest and wondered what it was
all about.   I also had know idea I was in the same boat.

I am running an ICOM 706 with FSK using Writelog, MMTTY plugin and the
microHAM KEYER.  I have just update the my microHAM USB device router
software to version 2.2.2 from a version 1 and was playing around with all
kinds of set and initially thought I had done something here.  However I
come across a simpler answer as to why the slow FSK happens, I hope.

Joe K0BX posted this on the Writelog reflector that I think will help.

What you want to check for, is to go to the MMTTY version while in WL.
right click and go to options on the MMTTY plugin.  Then to setup.

Go to the TX menu tab and bring up the TX option screen.
What you want to look for is the:
"Char Wait" and "Diddle Wait" slide bar box.
Make sure that the slide bar is all the way to the LEFT.  Moving it to the
right will cause the output character rate to slow down.  This was for slow
typest and was a feature on the UT-4B that was using with the ST-6.

So I checked all of my profiles as well as and re-saved them with the Char.
wait slider to the left in MMTTY as these are the same profiles used by the
plugin in Writelog.

I am going to do an on the air test later on to check.  If anyone has more
ideas please let me know

Hope this helps

Thanks

Ian