[RTTY] JARTS-WW-RTTY 2005 AA5VU

To: rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] JARTS-WW-RTTY 2005 AA5VU
From: "Dick Kriss, AA5VU" <aa5vu@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:00:04 -0500
On 10/17/05 10:41 AM, "Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> 99 is for clubs
> 00 is for YLs

My error (brain freeze) on YLs vs. Clubs.   Just double-checked and there
are no '00' reports in my .log file.

Dick AA5VU

Corrected text follows:

I played around in the contest for a few hours on Sat and Sun morning and
managed 239 SO1R QSO's with a Kenwood TS-570.  The current version of
cocaModem software does not support the JARTS contest so I hacked and used
the TARA template. The JARTS robot found one error in my log. I had one
club's logged as age 599. After correcting the .log file to 99, the robot
accepted log saying:

> AA5VU.LOG
> AA5VU OK Your log accepted as Number 170
> Your callsign will be appear on the LOG SUBMITTED STATIONS LIST within a week.

Anybody know the URL for the list of logs submitted?

I was too lazy to manually score the log but my band totals are shown below.
The 3830 system will not accept entries without claimed scores. Maybe Dink
will add me to the bottom of the list like he did last time with a nominal
score to show I participated.

                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

CALLSIGN: AA5VU
CONTEST: JARTS-WW-RTTY
CATEGORY: Class-B
NAME: Dick Kriss
CLUB: Central Texas DX and Contest Club (CTDXCC)
ARRL-SECTION: NA

   80:      0
   40:  104
   20:    86
   15:    49
   10:      0
------------------------
Total:   239

Followed Don, AA5AU, on one QSO and know it was good because the other
station's friends.txt file said Hi Don and Hi Dick in the reports. I only
had to use the "NOT AA5AU MY CALL AA5VU AA5VU" macro key once or twice in
the contest. HiHi

One sad commentary is the average age of the JARTS-RTTY contesters,
excluding the 99 reports from club stations.  I did not do the math but the
Mark I eyeball says it may be greater than 62. This is a sad commentary for
ham radio in general. This is truly becoming an OM hobby.

Thanks for the 239 QSO's. I recognized many of the calls from the
rtty-contesting reflector and enjoyed the contest.

73, Dick AA5VU