[RTTY] Best RTTY demodulator?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Best RTTY demodulator?
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:13:39 -0700
At 04:51 PM 10/19/2005, you wrote:

>This has been a few years ago, but didn't Brian stop supporting and offering
>RITTY for sale because someone in another country had it on their web site
>as Freeware? And this was right before a big Rtty contest, and there were
>tons of unregistered users on the air with it? My memory isn't the best
>anymore, but it seems like it played out something like this. My apologies
>if I'm way off the mark.
>
>Mike, K9MI

Your recollection is mostly correct, but he didn't entirely stop
supporting it. He issued a bug fix which is version 4.54 and I got it
from him after he "quit".

If anyone is using an older version, I would strongly recommend
getting 4.54 while you can. It fixes an intermittent freeze problem
which appears after running for a while. Brian says the bug only
appears under certain conditions (don't remember exactly), but I
would get it even if you're not having trouble now. You might later.

73, Bill W6WRT