Re: [RTTY] DF0DX first winner of the awaited "F6IRF dummy-award" !

To: <rtty@contesting.com>, <f6irf@free.fr>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] DF0DX first winner of the awaited "F6IRF dummy-award" !
From: "Andy swiffin" <a.l.swiffin@dundee.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 13:28:23 +0000

>>> <f6irf@free.fr> wrote on 15/11/2005 08:38:
> Hi Bill,
> I fully agree with you and as I said "it may happen..."
> It also happened to me to have the split activated by a spot, and to

> notice it
> only after a while... or to accidentaly swap the VFO's without paying

> attention.
> I am not taking it too seriously... I want to believe that it was
not
> intentional, and I hope the guys at DF0DX will understand my
humor...

Indeed, we've all made such mistakes and also the mistake of going back
to what you thought was someones CQ only to find them in mid QSO.
Although I did think the the DL stations very very snotty response to me
was a bit over the top.

However were there more than the usual number of totally deaf stations
around last weekend?  I went back to a few people who were S9 on my
meter only to find them back in full CQ mode on returning to RX.  Not to
mention the S9+ IV3--- who sat right on top of me while I was in mid QSO
- many thanks to IW5IJ I think it was who perservered and got the serial
to me around the QRM.  OK I'm only little mr 80watts but I can do the
sums ---- unless of course they really did borrow that 100KW broadcast
tx for the weekend?

> At least I know from whom it is coming, which is not the case when a

> pactor or a
> packet automatic station pops-up on "my" frequency (and it happens
> several times
> per weekend )

But the main point of this reply is -  Is there anything we can do
about these damned automatic Pactors who wipe out chunks of bands with
no apparent receiver.  Ok, everyone should be allowed to do their thing
but this stuff is just too antisocial for words...

Andy
gm8oeg