[RTTY] WAEDC: DL6JZ, SOAB LP

Subject: [RTTY] WAEDC: DL6JZ, SOAB LP
From: "Wolf, DL6JZ" <dl6jz@t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 05:16:27 -0000
Hello RTTY contester,

thank you for an exciting weekend! First my claimed result:

2005 WAEDC RTTY CONTEST

CALL:               DL6JZ

CATEGORY:           Single Op, Low Power

Club Competition:   DRCG (DL-DX RTTY CONTEST GROUP)

Operating Time:     34 hours

      QSOs   QTCs  Multipliers
80m:   190     10      156
40m:   142     20      135
20m:   167    266      114
15m:   119    240      108
10m:    38     20       52
Total: 656  + 556    * 565 = 684780

Station Description: FT-1000MP / 100 watts
Antenna(s):          3 ele tribander, dipole
Software:            WriteLog 10.54C + MMTTY
Operators:           DL6JZ

Because my low power entry in the last CQWW RTTY was so much fun I decided
to left my amp home again and went "allone" to my contest QTH.

A short calculation befor the contest showed me that 10 QTCs would be worth
more than 1 mult on 40 m to 10 m and near equal 1 mult on 80 m. That's why I
asked every DX station which I could copy quite well for QTCs. And I think
it worked. Because of my low power and my quite good receiving capabilities
(sharp and narrow filters, almost no noise) I received most of the QTCs. In
the mid of the contest I changed the QTC request macro

 from "DO YOU HAVE/NEED QTC?"
 to "PSE SEND ME QTC?".

This worked a little bit better, hi. Thanks to all who exchanged QTC.

The conds were not good  but they could have been worse also. 20 m closed
very soon after our sunset at around 17:00 Z. 15 m doesn't work as expected.
There are no VKs in my log and only a handfull of JA stations. But I was
happy about a little opening of the 10 m band. That allowed me 5 band QSOs
with 7X0RY, ZC4LI, some UA9ers. Another highlight was 9G5A on 10-15-20 m. I
couldn't copy KH6ND/KH5 at all. Congrats to all who worked him.

There were a lot of postings about some curiouse contest exchanges in this
reflector. I have the hope that the  clear mind of the contesters will bring
us back to precise and efficient contest macros. It is not important if we
send our exchange 2 or 3 times or if we use the friend.ini as long as there
are 30 and more characters without any, I repeat any information in one
contest exchange. There are tons of information about this on AA5AU's web
site.

And I cannot hear the discussions about how to avoid dupes in a contest log
anymore. We live in the age of cabrillo logs and electronic cross checking!

I hope you enjoyed this weekend also and we'll see in the WAEDC RTTY 2006.

73 + 55
Wolf, DL6JZ