Re: [RTTY] Novel idea?

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Novel idea?
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 03:34:42 -0000
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
To: "'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2005 1:00 AM
Subject: [RTTY] Novel idea?

>  My main rotor is the M2 RC2800.  It
> will sit inside the top section.  I will then install a piece of 2"
> aluminum
> conduit (mast) from the rotator up through my thrust bearing, but
> only sticking
> out of the tower a couple of feet.  I will install the A3S here.  On
> top of the
> conduit mast sticking a couple feet from the top of the tower, I'll
> install what
> will probably be a Yaesu G-450A with the mast mount (haven't
> purchased yet) and
> then a 10' piece of 2" aluminum conduit.  Near the top of the 10'
> piece of
> conduit, I'll install the 18 lb D40.

I think it would be better to have a 10' mast protruding through the
thrust bearing, with the second rotator mounted on the top, and the
D40 right above the second rotator. That would eliminate the nasty 10'
lever arm between the top rotor, which has no thrust bearing, and the
D40. Also, I like steel masts rather than aluminum, but if you size
them correctly, either will do the job.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.