Re: [RTTY] ARRL RU band change question

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL RU band change question
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 20:40:56 -0000
From: "David Ashworth" <fathom@dslextreme.com>
To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2005 7:34 PM
Subject: [RTTY] ARRL RU band change question

> Hi to all, easy question.  Single op, low power, no spotting, just
> me.  If I
> read the rules correctly, am I still limited to six band changes per
> clock
> hour?    Thanks for your comments, Dave  NC6P.
---------------------------

You must be a new subscriber, because we just went through this
discussion two days ago.

Excerpt from the rules:

---------------------------
3. Entry Categories:
3.1. Single Operator:

3.1.1. Low Power.

3.1.2. High Power.

3.2. Multioperator, Single Transmitter:

3.2.1 Power.

3.2.1.1 Low Power

3.2.1.2. High Power

3.2.2. Stations are allowed only one transmitted signal at any given
time..

3.2.3. Includes those single operators that use any form of spotting
assistance such as from nets or packet.

3.2.4 Includes those that receive assistance with logging or relief
operators, etc.

3.2.5 Limited to 6 band changes (maximum) in any clock hour.

3.2.6 The clock hour is from zero through 59 minutes.

3.2.7 Band changes are defined so that, for example, a change from 20
meters 15 meters and then back to 20 meters constitutes two band
changes.

rule 3.2.5 is a subparagraph of 3.2 - Multioperator, Single
transmitter. It does not apply to 3.1 - Single Operator

This paragraph numbering system is very common in legal documents, and
is extremely effective in pointing out what applies to what, but you
have to watch the paragraph numbers carefully.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ