Re: [RTTY] Need more com ports?

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Need more com ports?
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:01:10 -0000
From: "Andrei Nevis" <v49a@yahoo.com>
To: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>; "RTTY Reflector"
<rtty@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 7:29 PM

> Hi Dave,
>  I checked those two cards from Newegg you advised.
>  I see on both pictures just Two Com Ports. Where are the other
> ports or I am missing something?
>  73's Andrei EW1AR-NC2N

Look at the fourth little picture. The card comes with connecting
cables and an extra rear bracket which has two DB-9's on it, in
addition to the two that are mounted on the rear of the PCI card. If
you don't have a slot to mount the extra rear bracket, you could
probably dismount the two extra DB-9's and either dangle them out the
back of the computer, or mount them on the computer case.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.