Re: [RTTY] Sending DE before a callsign

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Sending DE before a callsign
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 23:29:51 -0000
From: "robert" <tf3rb@internet.is>
To: <RTTY@contesting.com>; "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 8:25 PM

> hi agn
>
> In my version of writelog that string  >>FDR8EK7WM6CVDF
> got a highlight r8ek and m6cvdf. NOT K7WM

Wow. Something is definitely not working at your end, Robert.

Here's the process:

1. Go to Don's Web Site:
http://www.rttycontesting.com/downloads/downloads.htm

2. Download the zipped callsign database.

3. Unzip the file aa5au_rtty051226.dta and put it in a convenient
place where you can find it easily. I put mine in My
Documents/Writelog, where I keep all the contest logs, etc.

4. Open Writelog/setup/Super check Partial/browse to the file that you
just unzipped/apply/ok

5. An easy way to verify that it's working:

  Open a rtty window
  Click on the blue area at the top of the window
  Type FDR8EK7WM6CVDF
  As soon as you type the letter C, K7WM should highlight

6. You can also verify that it's working by actually sending the
string on one radio and copying it on another.

Good luck, Robert. I can't imagine being on the receiving end of a
pileup with a TF callsign without this feature working.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.