[RTTY] Need help get RTTY working!

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Need help get RTTY working!
From: RLVZ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 23:51:57 EST
Hi Guys,

Though a ham for 44 years I've never been on RTTY.  I tried getting setup
tonight but ran into a roadblock.  Wondering if anyone can point me in the
right
direction.
Here is where I'm at:

1) Rig is a Yaesu FT-1000-MkV.
2) Interface is a BUX COMM Rascal GLX Mark V going to COM 1.  (Com 1 is
    known to work when previously used with Rig Control).
3) The 5 pin cable from the Rascal is going to the RTTY 5-pin jack on the
1000-MP.
4) Software is WriteLog 10.
5) WriteLog RTTY Setup is setup for Com 1.
6) I tested my Sound Card by connecting a microphone to the mic. input and it
    records and playsback fine.

Now for the "roadblock":

1) When I turn of WriteLog the 1000-MP immediately locks up in Transmit and I
get the Error Message "Comm Port Not Available".

Any idears what the problem is?

Thanks & 73,

Dick- K9OM