[RTTY] <CR> and off-freq observation comments

To: rtty <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] <CR> and off-freq observation comments
From: Chuck Brudtkuhl <chuck.brudtkuhl@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 19:16:40 -0800 (PST)
All,

  Back when I participated in more contests, I too would add the
<CR><space><space> at the beginning of each transmission ... thought then and
still do think its a good idea.

  The observations regarding off frequency responses.  I used to think this was
getting to be the norm .. that and the move to 200 hz shift due to the movement
to TNCs.  This off-frequency response (and wide shift) is VERY noticable when
using a scope to tune.  Often stations were so far off freq as to be out of my
narrow receive band-pass.

  It was so bad a few years ago that I'd work split when running a freq .. so I
could t-u-n-e my receiver way off freq to get all respondents.

  73 de Chuck

Chuck Brudtkuhl

www.iowatelecom.net/~brudtkuhl
www.qsl.net/wa0roi