Re: [RTTY] N2KI Round Up

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] N2KI Round Up
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 09:04:30 -0600
On 1/8/06, A.J.C. <n2ki@amsat.org> wrote:

> - I saw a lot of folks not in tune with the stations they were working.  My
> guess is this is a product of software that auto tunes the signal.  So why
> bother have to work at improving our skills at properly tuning a station in.

I saw a few stations that clearly had the MMTTY "NET" setting, or
equivalent, enabled and were sliding up and down the band on every
transmission.  Yuck!

> This sort of fits in with the whiners over the past few weeks about having
> to deal with dashes.  Give me a break!  In 10 years of contesting I never

Hardly whining.  Folks are trying to convey the most accurate
information with the fewest transmittted characters.  Nothing wrong
with that.

I did see "599/STATE/STATE" ...  (state deleted to protect the
guilty).  N1MM *really* doesn't like slashes but the delete key on my
keyboard seemed to deal with it OK.  :-)

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY/9 | plaws0 gmail | Travel by Train!

"They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin