[RTTY] [Fwd: Re: Is West Virginia rare???]

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] [Fwd: Re: Is West Virginia rare???]
From: Brian Spindor <ka7kuz.groups@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 09:37:23 -0800
I have to weigh in on this as well. I run a pretty modest station from Washington State, thus I don't get the opportunities and abilities of some of the bigger stations. Looking over the list of mults I missed in the RU West Viginia and Delaware were among the 5 or 6 states I missed. I've been struggling with Delaware for years just to complete a WAS RTTY and I still did not get it. This contest could really benefit from some of the smaller states calling cq rather than S&P'ing (and what I mean by that is the states with the smaller population of hams). I tried my best between S&P'ing and cqing to get these states.

I would really like to see some effort by the clubs in these states to set up a solid operation as we seem to miss the MOMR or MOSR operations in this contest. I suspect a solid effort from one of these states could easily take the contest.

Just as a factoid.....there are less hams living in Delaware then there is in North Dakota. It's just Delaware is a little closer to other hams.

Brian
KA7KUZ