Re: [RTTY] State exchanges in RU

To: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>, RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] State exchanges in RU
From: Andrei Nevis <v49a@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 12:38:12 -0800 (PST)
I received even more funny "reposr"
  599 IN AZ (Indiana or Arizona?)
  I asked what was the state and received again: "599 IN AZ"
  I know that this guy lives IN Arizona, not Out of Arizona, the call was other
than W7 call area. Or he lives in Indiana?
I could not work DC and DE also - this a shame. Where all the hams from over
there-the Capital of the US?
  73's Andrei EW1AR-NC2N

Kok Chen <chen@mac.com> wrote:

On Jan 9, 2006, at 7:45 AM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

> W7KB sent UTAH as his state, Writelog didn't like this.
>
> One guy sent OH OHIO I think.

After sending my exchange, one station came back with

OR? OK?

So I sent a Roger as confirmation...

and immediately realized that he was not asking if the Oregon he
copied was OK, but rather to ask if I was in Oregon or in
Oklahoma... I quickly sent a repeat of my state a few times!

73
Chen, W7AY