[RTTY] RTTY Roundup AA4LR Single Op HP

To: secc <secc@contesting.com>, RTTY COL eList <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY Roundup AA4LR Single Op HP
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 22:13:39 -0500
                     ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

------------
    80:    0
    40:  137
    20:   99
    15:    0
    10:    0
------------
Total:  236  State/Prov = 42  Countries = 12  Total Score = 12,744

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/ KAT100 running 25 watts
AL-80A running 400-500 watts
12" PowerBook G4 1 GHz
CocoaModem 2.0

Antennas:
A3S / A743 at 15m

Comments:

Just a few hours of operation during a busy weekend. Decided to go
High Power so I wouldn't be a pipsqueak with only 25 watts on the
barefoot K2/100. Worked the first hour, the 0300z hour and the last
two hours.

All Qs on 20 and 40m. Only a couple were S & P. The rest were calling
CQ. Managed very good rate on 20m, but nothing like going to 40m at
2245z near the end. Had guys calling right up to 0000z.

Best moment was having PZ5RA call in just before the end.

Cocoamodem did an excellent job decoding. However, I sometimes hit
the wrong keys. A couple of times, it acted like Unshift-on-space
wasn't working. Had guys give me a report of 599 ,# ,# ,# - after I
asked for several repeats, finally found out ,# was NH.

Biggest problem was having multiple people call at the same time,
resulting in a garbled mix. QRZ DE AA4LR over and over.

Sure was fun. Look forward to the next contest.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at: http://www.hornucopia.com/
3830score/

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901