[RTTY] FT1000D tuning speed problem/question

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] FT1000D tuning speed problem/question
From: "Van K7VS" <wa7fab@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 08:59:41 -0800
I have two FT-1000D's and during the recent rtty contest discovered the
newer unit does not tune at same speed as the older unit making tuning 170
cycle shift signals difficultat best.  The older 90's model, seems to have a
slow tune rate about 2.5 khz per revolution of the knob and a fast rate of
about 10 khz per revolution of the knob depending on how fast you turn the
knob.  The newer model 2000+ purchase date has only ONE tuning rate which is
10 khz per full rotation of the tuning knob which makes tuning 170 cycle
shift signals very difficult.  Did Yaesu change the opto-coupler system on
their ft1000's somewhere along the line or do I have a problem with my unit?

Not getting much from Yaesu technical support and most of their current
employees have been recently hired away by the city of Los Angeles!!  I
can't reach anyone their with any solid background in the ft1000 series to
answer my question.

Van, K7VS (wa7fab)