Re: [RTTY] what setting to ft100mp user settings for 23hz shift

To: FireBrick <w9ol@billnjudy.com>, "RTTY List" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] what setting to ft100mp user settings for 23hz shift
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:04:20 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

At 01:50 PM 1/17/2006, FireBrick wrote:

>Using a FT1000MP, MMTTY (which has a 23 hz profile).
>
>What setting should I change to my MP for User Button to do 23HZ.
>I'm connected to the RTTY connector normally doing FSK for rtty.

Here are the directions if you are using FSK. For people using AFSK I
think it is simpler since you should only have to change the MMTTY
setting and not the transceiver.

For receive: The MMTTY shift selection panel goes up to 23 Hz, but
you have to scroll. If you don't scroll, it appears that 85 Hz is the
narrowest. Scroll up and click 23. That sets the receiver.

For transmit: On the Mark V Ft-1000MP, select menu 8-6 in the normal
way by pressing FAST-ENTER. Above the sub vfo it will say user-set.
Rotate the sub-vfo knob one step until it says mode. Rotate the main
vfo knob until it says rtty-l. Go back to the sub vfo and rotate the
knob till it says rtty-sft. If you've never changed it, the main vfo
will now say -0.170. Rotate that till it says -.025. (You can not get
23 Hz since it steps in multiples of 5 Hz, but 2 Hz off doesn't seem
to matter). Press ENTER to return to normal operation.

At this point you have only set the options, you have not activated
them. You are still on 170 Hz shift. To activate the options, press
and hold the PKT button for about one second. You are now on 25 Hz
shift. To return to normal 170 Hz, press the RTTY button.

Piece of cake when you know how.

Bill, W6WRT