[RTTY] W2JGR Memorial ARRL RTTY Roundup Plaque

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] W2JGR Memorial ARRL RTTY Roundup Plaque
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:13:14 -0600
For 2006 and after, I am be sponsoring a W2JGR Memorial ARRL RTTY Roundup plaque
for Single Operator Low Power in the Dakota Division in memory of Jules, W2JGR,
who passed away the day after this year's contest.

It was a toss up between the Hudson and Dakota Divisions, but since the Hudson
Division already had at least one plaque sponsored, I went with the Dakota
Division which includes the state of Minnesota where Jules spent the last years
of his life to be near his daughter.  The Dakota Division had no sponsored
plaques.  Maybe this will spur more activity from North Dakota. hi

I will also continue my sponsorship of the Single Operator High Power plaque for
the Central Division at least for 2006.

During the process of arranging the W2JGR Memorial plaque sponsorship, it came
to my attention that there are a lot of un-sponsored plaques out there.  At
present there are only 18 plaques being sponsored for the 2006 ARRL RTTY
Roundup.  There are 15 ARRL Divisions (see http://www.arrl.org/divisions/).
With two power categories for each Division, that totals 30 divisional plaques.
When you include overall W/VE low and high power single op and multi-op, plus DX
low power, high power and multi-op, it totals 38 available plaques (I think).
Plus there may still be a PSK plaque available.

So less than half of the available plaques are presently being sponsored.

If you wish to sponsor a plaque for 2006, please check with Kathy Allison,
KA1RWY, at E-mail kallison@arrl.org or phone 860-594-0295 to find out which
Roundup plaques are available for sponsorship.  The cost of the plaque is $67
and can be paid with a credit card if you want or you can mail them a check.
They may also take PayPal, but check with Kathy because I'm not sure on this.

You can sponsor a plaque just in your name and call (or business name) or do a
Memorial plaque with or without your name and call.  Sponsoring a "Memorial"
plaque is a great way to pay tribute to those no longer here to contest with us.

73, Don AA5AU