[RTTY] UBN reports

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] UBN reports
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:18:05 -0000
Hi all,

What a great idea by the SCC committee to include UBN's with the results!
It may not sound much, but it must save THEM a lot of time, responding to
requests for UBN's. It will also make it so much easier for us to actually
check our logs.
If you have to request UBN's, then I do tend not to bother, as it can be too
much hassle in many cases.

Also, many thanks to Waldemar and the Makrothen guys for also making the UBN
readily available.
This one was very interesting to me, as I lost a few points for NIL. OK,
this is not unusual, but at least TWO of the stations marked as such
responded to MY CQ call, and the MMTTY text file clearly shows they seemed
happy.
One was a UNIQUE, which was a pain, as I got his call OK, and he definitely
gave me a valid Locator, so I have to assume he was playing in the contest.
Pity he didn't submit a log!
I am not complaining about the UBN, but it goes to show that you can make
serious use of it afterwards.
It also shows why submitting logs, even if they only contain a few QSO's can
help the contest organiser.

So, let's hope that other contest organisers will follow the great lead
exhibited by SCC and the Makrothen teams.

73 all, and I hope to see you in the BARTG this weekend!
Phil GU0SUP