[RTTY] CE0Z

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] CE0Z
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:10:46 +0000
All,

CE0Z was putting in a nice rtty signal on 21077 yesterday.

I managed to work them after a few frustrating minutes trying to find out
why I kept losing signals when I rotated the beam south. Between two radios
and finally having to use my folded dipole I worked them.

After the panic, I could see that whenever I got within 160 to 200 degrees
I would lose signal. My guess is the coax has snagged on something in the
high winds we had after RU. Fortunately the stress is relieved when I back
off from south and the signals return. hi

Since south is where I want to point for 3Y0X, I am glad to find this
problem several weeks early so I can lower the beam to see what is
happening. Glad I did not have the linear on when I hit 15m.

Their 20m signal 14077 was barely detectable. But their 10m cw signal was nice.

One more nice rtty country. I think this was #275

Jerry, W6IHG