Re: [RTTY] QSL'ing

Subject: Re: [RTTY] QSL'ing
From: Barry Murrell <zs2ez@axxess.co.za>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:51:27 +0200
Despite the (deservedly) poor reputation of ZS stations IRO QSL'ing, I
reply to every QSL received, without fail. I feel it is poor manners for
anyone not to respond to a QSL request that includes an SASE or
sufficient postage.

Sadly, many stations seem to just collect the IRCs/dollars and not
bother with returning their card. I now keep a page on my website
(updated daily) where I detail the status of QSLs in and out. What is
depressing is the number of South African stations that I have QSLed
(with SASE) and had no response.

Our bureau here is very slow indeed - plus I am located nearly 1000km
away from the bureau, and only receive cards from them very
occasionally. If anyone in the RTTY community has worked me and needs a
ZS card, I suggest you send direct (I only send via bureau in answer to
a card received, and that could take a LOOONG time!!) Your QSL will be
replied to within 3 working days of receipt!!

73 de Barry ZS2EZ
(EX ZR2DX / ZR6DXB)
KF26TA - Port Elizabeth,South Africa
Member : PEARS, SARL, ARRL, SA AMSAT