[RTTY] Interfere with CW

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Interfere with CW
From: John Barber <SKA@bartg.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:18:43 +0000
Please read the note I had from Chip W7AIT, below, and my reply above.
Sensible comments will be welcome; we have enough wars already.

Chip,

Thanks for the mail about our contest. I will reply in full shortly
after dealing with the 100s of logs coming in.

It would help if you can explain about these "guard bands". The only
ARRL contest that I have seen recently was the Roundup which had some
suggested RTTY frequencies, one of which was 7040 +/- 5KHz. In region 1
Europe 7040 is our centre frequency on RTTY in the IARU bandplans. I put
forward a proposal to move this further up the band a few years ago,
when the RSGB invited consultation prior to a region 1 meeting. After
calling the meeting they decided to discuss something entirely
different!

I will also copy this to the RTTY reflector for comments .. we are not
all "contest jerks".

73,

John GW4SKA
BARTG Contest Manager

EDWARD OLHEISER wrote:

You have no guard bands or recommended RTTY frequency ranges in your
contest today, and as usual with your RTTY ?TEST? all you RTTY guys are
interfering with CW operation, especially 40 CW between 7025- 7040.

Can?t you be gentlemen instead of ?contest jerks? and add guard bands
like the ARRL test did last week?  I think you?re being very
inconsiderate.

And the ARRL wants bands/ modes by band width?  You guys are
demonstrating that it doesn?t work!  You all simply take over!

  Put some guard bands in your test please!

  Chip W7AIT