Re: [RTTY] 40 Meter RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 40 Meter RTTY
From: "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 12:00:56 -0500
Hi Julio and those interested,

It should be pointed out to our American Cousins, that Industry Canada (akin
to FCC) regulate only Bandwidth NOT MODE. On most HF bands that is 6 KHz
maximum bandwidth - anywhere on the band. Industry Canada does NOT regulate
any of the bands by mode. I think this bandwidth regulation by band is what
the FCC is leaning too as well. Though I believe the FCC are at least
limiting bandwidth to certain parts of the band. A much better idea then the
way IC does it. For more info on Canada regulations go here:

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/internet/insmt-gst.nsf/en/sf01226e.html#band

The band plan by mode is only by RAC's (akin to the ARRL) suggested band
plan and is modelled on IARU Region 1 HF Band Plan. See:

http://www.sk3bg.se/eiarur1.htm

It really would be great if at least Canada and the U.S.A could align the
bands later down the road.

I have my asbestos underwear on - flame away,
Eric - VE3GSI.