Re: [RTTY] FT-990 Interface & RTTY Software Suggestions

To: "Richard W. Solomon" <w1ksz@earthlink.net>,RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FT-990 Interface & RTTY Software Suggestions
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:12:04 -0800 (PST)
My first interface was an N1RCT-style interface.  3 or 4 NPN transistors, one
COM port, audio isolation, did both CW and FSK including PTT.  See this web
page:

   http://www.w5bbr.com/pttfsk.html

It gave great service from Feb. 1999 to mid-2005 when I upgraded to a
microKeyer so I could also operate PSK (and not rely on deprecated COM ports).

It worked with both K6STI "RITTY", MMTTY, DX4WIN and I'm sure others.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, jjreisert@alum.mit.edu, http://www.ad1c.us