Re: [RTTY] How about a 160m RTTY High Speed Sprint? (was RTTY on160Meter

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] How about a 160m RTTY High Speed Sprint? (was RTTY on160Meters)
From: "Robert Chudek" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:47:15 -0600
Okay I see my memory is failing me again (my mother told me it would only
get worse)...

The High Speed Sprint was run and scored using the SARTG rules, not BARTG as
I previously stated. The SARTG rules provided more multipliers per band,
etc. The concept was to use a scoring system that encouraged use of all the
bands instead of sitting on 20m. You could run your score up quickly.

Looking through my old emails, I see the HSS was run for 4 hours, on 10 ~ 80
meters, on Sunday starting 1800z. I can't find my original contest
announcement (yet). But I have a compiled list of soapbox comments that came
in with the scores. It's interesting reading about the struggles of
technology 8 years ago.

I'm getting rtty@contesting.com in digest mode so I have only seen a few
replies with "I'm in". So let's see if this picks up more momentum where we
could actually have some fun.

73 de Bob - K0RC