Re: [RTTY] digital Interface?

To: rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] digital Interface?
From: "Dick Kriss, AA5VU" <aa5vu@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 05:17:29 -0600
Clint WS1V,

I have seen people waste money buying things that do not meet their needs.
I suggest you study the data sheets for Rig-Blaster, MicroHam, Rascal,
SignaLink etc to find the one that best fits your setup.  One item often
overlooked is how your going to close the PTT line.  The unique Auto-PTT
circuitry in the SL-1+ was the primary reason I purchased the SignaLink
interface.  There are some excellent kits and as mentioned by Bill there are
some very easy to build HB interface options.

My advice is find someone local that has a rig like yours go to school on
his interface experience.  Good luck with the selection

73, Dick AA5VU