[RTTY] NAQP RTTY VA7IRL Single Op LP

To: rtty@contesting.com,"Ham-Mac@Mailman.Qth.Net radio applications" <ham-mac@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY VA7IRL Single Op LP
From: Anthony Rodgers <arodgers@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 20:22:50 -0800
                     North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: VA7IRL
Operator(s): VA7IRL
Station: VA7IRL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Richmond, BC
Operating Time (hrs): 7.25

    80:
    40:
    20:
    15:
    10:
-------------------
Total:  125    34  Total Score = 4,250

Club:

Team:

Comments:

This proved to be a bit of a slog - I have an infuriating and
intermittent S7-S9
noise problem at my QTH that seems to be connected to a switch in my
chair. It
started about 5 minutes after my lunch break and quit about half an
hour before
supper, pretty much wiping out the entire afternoon. Once I came back
to it in
the evening, 40 and 80 were noisy and quiet at the same time. if you
know what I
mean.

Still, contesting beats not contesting, and it was a great
opportunity to pilot
an all-Mac OS X setup, using the peerless (and free!) cocoaModem RTTY
program
with the equally peerless MacLoggerDX logging program. There were a
couple of
fat-finger moments early on (apologies in particular to WB9Z who
worked me twice
in 10 minutes - and kudos to him for blithely answering the second
time!), but I
quickly established a rhythm. I will be attempting a phone contest next,
followed by CW, once I can get the keying interface figured out.

Thanks for the QSOs - logs will be uploaded to LOTW and eQSL once the
contest
log entry deadline has passed.

See you again soon!

UE ;-)