[RTTY] Scoring for BARTG HF RTTY Contest

To: rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Scoring for BARTG HF RTTY Contest
From: "Dick Kriss, AA5VU" <aa5vu@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 07:38:09 -0600
I am confused by some of the claimed scores posted.  First, the
http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/ only has a box for the BARTG Sprint
RTTY contest and I did not see a form for the BARTG HF RTTY Contest.  I just
checked the rules at

http://www.bartg.demon.co.uk/Contests/06_rules.htm

and it says:

=================
Multipliers:

All DXCC countries (including JA, W, VE and VK) and all JA, W, VE and VK
areas count as multipliers on each band. Any country or JA, W, VE or VK area
may be counted again if worked on a different band, but continents are
counted once only. U.S. stations must use correct call or suffix for area of
operation.

Scoring:

QSO points x multipliers x continents (max 6).
=================

The 3830 format for the Sprint has boxes for countries and continents.  Some
of the claimed scores are showing more than six continents and it looks to
me that each JA, W, VE and VK call area counts as a multiplier on each band.
Also noticed BARTG has a SOAB but no SOAB low or high power catagory.  This
is very confusing!

I had 300 QSO's and will submit the log and let the BARTG robot sort out the
score.  Thanks for all of the QSO's and it is always nice to work a new RTTY
country in a contest.  TNX to TY5MR for the new one!  I will upload my .log
file to LoTW.

73, Dick AA5VU
Austin, TX