Re: [RTTY] Amusing

To: peter jackson <peter.jackson17@ntlworld.com>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Amusing
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 07:06:14 -0800 (PST)
--- peter jackson <peter.jackson17@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Hi, during the Contest at the weekend I saw this on screen from an American
> obviously on the receiving end of a pile-up "PLEASE WILL YOU CALL ONE AT A
> TIME". Not sure how this could be organised!

I'm not sure either, but the county hunters sometimes take their own list and
run it.  As long as most of the callers can hear each other, each person dumps
his/her call in once, and it's fairly orderly with very little overlap.  The
mobile station will run his list, then ask for another.  W0GXQ ran about 60
stations in 20 minutes from South Dakota one night on 80 meter CW using this
method.

BTW I tried to CQ for a bit on 20 meters Sunday morning, but with only 1 caller
every 3 minutes, I threw in the towel.  I certainly wasn't having HIS problem!

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us