[RTTY] BARTG ZL2AMI SOAB

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] BARTG ZL2AMI SOAB
From: Bob Stewart <rstewart@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:49:39 +0000
                 BARTG Spring RTTY Contest

Call: ZL2AMI
Operator(s): ZL2AMI
Station: ZL2AMI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Quartz Hill
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:          3             3              1
   40:      140          29            19
   20:      184          37            20
   15:      129          14            23
   10:          0            0               0
Total:    456           83            63  Continents = 6
Total Score = 399,456

Comments:

The propagation was very poor the first day but much better on the second
day. I finally managed to work Phil GU0SUP and a good few more EU's. All the
paths from
ZL were bad and there were many hours of no signals. My greatest problem
came from the Chinese OTHR which blanked out the digital bands on 40m and
80m at my sunrise and sunset both days. The thing would QRT for a few
minutes and I would get in a few contacts before it came back on. A real
turn-off as I should have
been able to make lots more contacts on 40m than I managed. Some of you must
have been surprised by my antics and annoyed that at times I could not
omplete
some contacts.

73

Bob ZL2AMI