[RTTY] LED replacement bulb in the Ham Series Rotor Box

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] LED replacement bulb in the Ham Series Rotor Box
From: K0BX <jduerbusch@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:12:03 -0800
Hi gang, this maybe a bit off topic but I thought I remembered someone here
asking if there was a LED replacement bulb for the #1818/1819 28 Volt bulb in
the Ham Series Rotor Box?

Over the 28 years that I have had my Ham IV rotor box I bet I have replaced
that darn bulb 15 times.  Of course it is harder and harder to find the #1818
bulb.  The $1819 bulb is available at RadioShack but it is not very bright.

I did a little searching and found a place that had exactly what I needed.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/BA9S6_specs.htm

They have direct replacement LED for the #1818.

I bought the two type listed; BA9s-W 28 volt for $1.99 which turned out to be
too dim and BA9s-W4 28 volt white 4-LED bulb at $2.98 which was just about
right.

I ordered on a Friday at noon and they shipped the same day and I had them on
Monday.

I have no relationship to this company other than placing an order.  BTW when I
got my invoice I found that they were located 2 miles from my house but did not
accept walk-in's.  Guess it is internet only.

Cu in the RTTY contest!

Joe K0BX

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without
my permission.