Re: [RTTY] Commercial

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Commercial
From: WA3FRP@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:45:38 EDT
Ron,

If you Google "RTT Broadcast for Shipping", you will find a list of
frequencies and descriptions of broadcasts from Germany.  DDK9 with it's
massive 10
KW signal on 10.1008 MHz can easily be heard in the States.   Note that the
transmit speed is 50 baud (i.e. 66 WPM) and the shift is 450  Hz.

There may be other commercial stations around.  I've heard that North  Korea
still uses HF RTTY but I haven't been able to confirm it.  It's not  like the
old days of UPI, AP and other cleartext broadcast traffic. Most
"interesting"traffic has moved to the Internet. Other HF traffic is  encrypted.

73

Russ WA3FRP