[RTTY] missing info in LoTW uploads

To: "RTTY List" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] missing info in LoTW uploads
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 07:39:21 -0500
For those of us trying for worked all counties/rtty it helps if you include the
extra info
about your station during the signing of qsos you submit to LoTW.

When you sign a group of qsos there is a section of the signing process that
allows you to
put in the state, county, grid, itu/cq zones, iota, etc.

In the TQSL module (that's the module you use to sign qsos prior to uploading)
Click on the Station>Edit locations, select the callsign your submitting qsos
for, click
on the 'Edit' button
note: ITU Zone is first, then CQ Zone
click on Next and it will change to the State and County page.

That will automagically add that info to the qso's you upload and LoTW qsls
that are
matched.

Especially helpful to the people going after rtty WAS.

And one other tip.....if you hadn't added that info in previously submitted
qsos, you can
resubmit them again and the new info will be added.
While submitting previously submitted qsos to LoTW does increase processing
time, (as per
their info on the LoTW Home page), no harm is done to previous qsl matches.
So if your going to resubmit your qsos with this new info, maybe a low use time
frame may
be preferable.
I find that LoTW is slow on Sunday mornings, I suspect that some sort of
processing or
backup operation is in effect.
I find that Monday's, mid-morning, is especially fast in accepting uploads.

Happy Holiday (see, even a grump like me can be PC)

Build a system that even a fool can use and only a fool will want to use it.