Re: [RTTY] OLD!!!

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] OLD!!!
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 19:26:45 -0700
Hi Ron et al

Started out with a model 14 strip printer here.  We used to have the
assistant state MARS director here in Coos Bay, OR and he had a basement
full of model 15's.  I got the job of refurbing them for the local MARS
guys.  I had 6 of them hooked up to the same loop and running at one time.
Boy, was that impressive.

Finally moved up to a model 28KSR and thought I had died and went to heaven.
Ended up giving it to a guy down the street to scrap out for the copper wire
in it.

I remember in the old days we called "CQ RTTY" on CW then moved to RTTY when
someone answered.  Ah, yes, the goode olde days. 73
Tom W7WHY