Re: [RTTY] Yaesu FT-1000 MP Mk 5 power "drift"

To: "Dr David L Kepkay" <dlkepkay@dccnet.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Yaesu FT-1000 MP Mk 5 power "drift"
From: "Jay Bromley" <jayw5jay@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 22:03:51 -0500
Hi Dave,
I don't remember my Mark V Field doing that with an Alpha 99 I had at the
time.  I take it you have the Mark V that is 200 watt version?  In the Mark
V Field unit there is a menu setting for limiting maximum power.  I bet your
200 watt version has that same feature??  You might want to set it for 50
watts max if you have that menu setting and see if that helps.  You might
also install a ALC line and just drive it so the ALC makes the power stay
where you want to drive the Acom.  Are you FSK or AFSK??  On AFSK it could
be a mic or processor gain adjustment?  That is all I can think of.   I am
like you, I don't think the rig is suppose to do that.  The power will
fluctuate, but not that much.

73 de w5jay/jay..