[RTTY] ANARTS & SWLs

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ANARTS & SWLs
From: "danrolla" <iw1qla@tin.it>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:41:15 -0000
I sent three times my log for ANARTS 2006 but my Emails bounced back as not
being able to be delivered. Finally, I sent the log from my QRL address and
my Email has been delivered.

All OK? Absolutely not. I received by Colin VK2CTD ten (yes, ten) Emails
warning that my log had an important item missing: I have not included RST,
CQ Zone and time of the correspondent station.
I answered that the standard SWL Contest rules do not require the message
sent by the correspondent station but only the call and I sent him, as an
example, a copy of the SWL rules of the BARTG Contests. In fact the ANARTS
rules do not show an example of SWL log and do not clearly require for SWLs
the message sent by both the station heard and the station being worked.
VK2CTD answered that ANARTS is not a BARTG Contest and that my log is not
acceptable. And this is strange because my log in this format has been
accepted by VK2CTD for ANARTS 2004 (first place in SWL Category) and 2005.

Hi Colin, I do think that you have never been an SWL. All the SWLs know that
it is difficult on 14MHz and almost impossible on 21/28MHz to heard both
sides of a QSO, unless the correspondent station is a local one.
See you on the next match of the World Football Championship, Italy vs.
Australia.

73 de Dan, I1-12387

---
avast! Antivirus: message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0625-3, 2006-06-20