[RTTY] AA5VU Scort for DL-DX-RTTY 2006 Contest 2-Jul-06

To: CTDXCC List <ctdxcc@kkn.net>,rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AA5VU Scort for DL-DX-RTTY 2006 Contest 2-Jul-06
From: Dick Kriss <aa5vu@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 11:01:08 -0500
I created the following format since I could not find a template on the 3830
Score Submittal Forms web page

CALLSIGN: AA5VU
CONTEST: DL-DX-RTTY
CATEGORY: A LOW RTTY
NAME: Dick Kriss
ADDRESS: Austin, TX  78746 USA
ADDRESS: E-mail: aa5vu@arrl.net
CLUB: Central Texas DX and Contest Club (CTDXCC)

Band      QSO's   Points   Multiplier
==== =================
  40          16       116         5
  20          69       608       16
  ---          --        ----        --
Total         85       724       21   = 15,208

The AA5VU.log file was accepted by the DL-DX-RTTY robot and also uploaded to
LoTW using the Mac version of the ARRL TQSL software.

I like the DL-DX-RTTY contest because it is not too long and the logging
requirements are compatible with the standard Mac OSX cocoaModem contest
template for logging.  The contest was a part time effort when I could spare
some time.

Happiness was when YZ1DZ (SERBIA AND MONTENEGRO) responded to my CQ for a
new RTTY country for me.  I need the YU = Yugoslavia for RTTY DXCC but
question if a YZ1 will count for the brand new country.

> QSO: 14080 RY 2006-07-02 0041 AA5VU   599  53 YZ1DZ    599    416

The S&P contest mode is okay but you need to be in CQ mode to pick up
multipliers or work new countries.  As I recall the old contest rule says
something like rare stations and multipliers usually do not call CQ - they
seem to work in the S&P mode.  Happiness was having a new one respond to my
CQ.  My score is not that great but I had fun and that's what really counts.

73, Dick AA5VU

 Richard (Dick) Kriss, AA5VU      <aa5vu@arrl.net>
 904 Dartmoor Drive                  http://www.qsl.net/aa5vu/
 Austin, Texas 78746 [EM10bg]  FH #291 Dig on Six #455