[RTTY] W1SLF Results July 6 & 7

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] W1SLF Results July 6 & 7
From: "Robert Montemerlo" <montemerlo@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 20:07:06 -0400
That was fun. Thanks to all who gave me a call.

Unlike last years NAQP I was alone and not at the top of a mountain but
instead up 1500ft on the north wall of an east/west valley. Its amazing how
radio signal can find there way into places. Also I was using 100watts from
a TS2000 into a Cobra Wire tuned with a Palstar tuner.

Logged 85 RTTY contacts in 2 days. 40 US and 45 out out of the country.
Mostly while watching TV or having a coffee.

The following 26 countries were logged:

Austria Balearic Is. Belgium Brazil Canada Colombia England
European Russia Finland France Germany Italy Morocco Panama
Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Sardinia Scotland Serbia & Montenegro
Spain Sweden Switzerland Ukraine USA Uzbekistan

And the following 25 states (based on an old callsign listing so I am
probably underestimating):

AK AR AZ CO DE GA IA ID IL KY LA MI MN MO NC NJ NM NY PA SC TN TX UT VA WA

Biggest surpise Anvar (UK8FF) responded to my CQ from Uzbekistan. (I chased
him for 2 years with 1000 watts in MA)

Low Point was 10 & 15 meters ......Sorry folks the few times I tried I got
nothing. Also even after 10 hours in prime forecasted propogation periods I
could not get to Shin JR1NHD. Maybe someone else in Maine with a beam & some
power can help.

73

Bob KB1JZU