Re: [RTTY] luggable rtty station

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] luggable rtty station
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 01:57:37 -0000
I recommend a pair of TS-850's, powered by a single Astron
SS-30.

Consider the following comparison of ARRL specs on the 1000D
and TS-850:

TX power output
1000D  195W
850  100W (I can vouch for this in RTTY so2r contest duty)

Min detectable sig
1000D  -137dB
850 -142dB

Blocking Dynamic Range 80M/20M, w/preamp
1000D 137/154dB
850 141/148dB

3rd Order IMD Dyn Range 80M/20M, w/preamp
1000D 94/98dB
850 100/99dB

3rd Order Intercept 80M/20M, w/preamp
1000D +5/+10dB
850 +7/+7.5dB

I have never seen a situation where I needed more receiver
than the 850 provides. This includes so2r at 1500 watts,
with antennas only 6 feet apart, using only two Dunestar
boxes for isolation. For RTTY, I use the filters 455IF/500hz
(Kenwood) and 8.8IF/250 Hz (Inrad).

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.