[RTTY] RTTY WAS

To: "RTTY" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY WAS
From: "Paul Caccamo, VA3PC" <va3pc@ciinet.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 21:49:13 -0400
Two weeks ago, I thought to do a little antenna work (replacing a top mounted
6m omni with a 5 element I picked up).
After snapping the thrust bearing bolts, and realizing the existing coax
pigtails would not make it through the winter,
I opted to take the antennas down and repair properly so it would last another
15 years or so.
(The thrust bearings will take 2 weeks to arrive).
Good thing I had the top of the tower apart.  Last Monday night we had 160km
winds that tore through the
municipality I live and knocked down many trees (including one on to my house -
no serious damage).
The power has just returned after 5 days. As we are on a well, being in a rural
area, no water.
The 20 or so trees that fell on my property took out all my wire antennas as
well, but the towers did not
suffer any damage.
Yesterday (Friday) I got in the mail my WAS - RTTY certificate #475 (49 LotW
and one QSL card - MT)
Well it did brighten up my week!
See you all when the antennas are re-hoisted!
73 and thanks to all I contacted out there.
Paul, VA3PC