Re: [RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 43, Issue 65

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 43, Issue 65
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:45:51 -0500
Bill,

I experienced the same problem in my Kenwood TS-950SDX. The service shop
discovered a problem in the front end of the receiver. (I think it was
diodes that had 'gone bad' - most likely a EMP / static / lightning /
discharge) But the tell-tale sign was exactly what you mentioned... white
noise even when the antenna was disconnected. It was S-2 to S-3 on the
meter. They fixed it up and it has played well for years.

73 de Bob - K0RC