Re: [RTTY] HELP please

To: <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>,"'RTTY Contesting'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] HELP please
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:02:37 -0400
Dick,

If the Mark V goes into transmit (assuming your are using RTS
for PTT), it is likely that something is wrong with the audio
level going into the radio.

Check the following:

  1) Play Control (Master output volume) for the Windows Mixer
  2) Wave Balance (AFSK output level) for the Windows Mixer

  One or the other above may be muted

  3) check the Mic gain and  RF Power setting on the Mark V
  4) since the RigBlaster Plus uses the microphone input,
     make certain that the processor is turned off.
  5) make certain that the audio cables from the sound card to
     the RigBlaster Plus are plugged in completely.
  6) make certain that the audio adjust on the rear panel of
     the RigBlaster Plus has not been turned down accidentally.
  7) make certain that the microphone cable between the
     RigBlaster Plus and Mark V has not been damaged - if
     you have a microphone plugged into the RigBlaster Plus,
     does everything work properly in SSB?

If these suggestions don't turn up something, plug the microphone
directly into the Mark V and confirm that the rig operates properly
in SSB.  If it does, contact the manufacturer of you interface for
customer support.

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W4TV
       microHAM America