Re: [RTTY] FT990 CAT problem

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FT990 CAT problem
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:36:58 -0500
This is an FYI regarding software you might want to use when troubleshooting
CAT or other serial (or parallel) port issues. It is not a solution in itself
but it is a tool that will show you what information is being transported
across a computer link. This is a stand alone program called PORTMON.EXE and it
runs on Windows systems up to and including XP.

You can read all the details regarding this free utility and download a copy
here:

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Portmon.html

Your virus software may report this tool as a trojan or as high risk software.
Use portmon.exe only when you are troubleshooting a communication problem.
Here's one report to review regarding this possibility:

http://www.auditmypc.com/process/portmon.asp

Most recently I used this utility when working with the programmer on the AEA
HF Analyst product line. We were having a stubborn startup/initialization issue
that was resolved after using PORTMON to view the serial handshaking between my
PC and the analyzer.

73 de Bob - K0RC

* * * * * * ORIGINAL MESSAGE THREAD * * * * * *

Message: 5