[RTTY] Grid-Dip Over -- Thanks From TARA

To: 070@yahoogroups.com, rtty-tara@yahoogroups.com,psk-tara@yahoogroups.com, psk31@yahoogroups.com, rtty@contesting.com,digitalmodes@yahoogroups.com, digitalradio@yahoogroups.com,greecepsk31@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [RTTY] Grid-Dip Over -- Thanks From TARA
From: MRBILL1953@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 16:55:34 EDT
Greeting's To All:

On behalf of TARA I'd like to personally THANK each of you that  participated
in this year's running of the TARA-Grid Dip Contest. This is a  fairly new
contest as you all are aware of and we're pretty excited to see the  scores
come
rolling in. Yes, things could have been better, like the band  conditions.
And, we sure could have used more participants but all-in-all things  went
pretty smoothly. And, as a friend of mine told me just the other night  "have
patience" and I just know things will get better each year!

I'd also like to thank our volunteers behind the scene that keep these
contest running smoothly. We have our Grid-Dip Manager Tony, N3FX, who hated
like
heck but had to sit this contest out. I know he'll be back next year and
he'll certainly be heard in the rest of our contests. Then we have the "Iron
Man"
himself Ernie Mills, WM2U. He really makes these contests run so smoothly
and efficiently. Again, I thank you guys for your hard work.

So far I've noticed quite a few more entries for those using RTTY. In fact  I
believe we have more entries on the RTTY side of things then we do on  PSK.
It's still very early to tell what the overall participation might look  like
but early results seem to lean towards the RTTY Op's taking the lead  in this
contest. I know I posted several bulletin's asking the RTTY contesters  to
please come join us for this contest and it certainly looks like you folks
came
through for us.

I would like to ask everyone that did participate in the Grid-Dip to
"PLEASE" take a couple of minutes and submit your score for us. You don't need
mail us your logs and our online score submission makes this just about as
easy
as its going to get. By the way, we did have a problem that a few RTTY Ops
pointed out with the score calculation of your "Claimed Scores" and the problem
 was found and corrected as of 2:00 PM this afternoon. Anyone that submitted
a  score earlier today, or last night will have their scores corrected.  You
can go to our online score submission page by going to:
**http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_grid_score.html**

While you're at your computer I'd like to point out one more thing. TARA  now
has a complete Digital Awards Program that I think you'll find very
interesting. As Ernie Mils, WM2U, says, "The TARA-Grid  Award,  is an excellent
companion to our All Seasons,  Grid-Dip Contest. All contest entries qualify
for
inclusion in  your TARA-Grid Award. You need only 300 different four(4) digit
Grid  Squares to claim your Basic certificate." If you're into collecting Grid
Squares then you got to get one of our awards. You'll see for yourself why we
say these awards are "Distinctively Different!" We also sponsor several other
awards/certificates and of course the TARA-PX Award (Digital Prefix Award).
Check them out at: **http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_awards.html**

Once again thanks for reading this message. If you have any questions or
suggestions for us we'd really like to hear from you.

73 de NY2U Bill  Eddy