[RTTY] GU0SUP SARTG

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP SARTG
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:54:22 +0100
Hi all,

Well, that was hard work! I didn't get to start until around 0540 in the 1st
leg, as I was very tired and needed some sleep.
80m was already closed and there wasn't too much activity on 40. 20m wasn't
that good either, and I began to wonder if getting up that early was worth
it.

The second leg started OK, with W's coming in, but with very weak signals
compared to usual. I struggled to work Mike K4GMH and others, but W6RLL/7
was booming in at 1643. What happened there?
I also worked N6AR, but then realised he should have been signing /4, so I
guess one or both of us will lose some points in the final tally.
Around 2000UTC, 15m opened and stayed good until way after dark here, and
then there was Eric FM5JC on 10m at 2038! I also tried to work 9Z4FZ, but
lost him in QSB/QRM.

The final leg was very poor, with mostly EU stations, and not one W/VE heard
at all. Runs were slow, and usually stopped after a dozen or so contacts, so
it was a great mix of S&P and CQ.

Here is my claimed score:
Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   18   180    13
   40:   34   355    23
   20:  163  1780    48
   15:   20   230    15
   10:    7    80     7
-------------------------
Total:  242  2625   106  Total Score = 278,250

Club: BARTG

Looking at the solar figures, I guess it was no surprise that the bands were
poor, but it doesn't matter - any RTTY contest is fun!

I also have a problem with my G5RV, which seems to be an intermittent one,
so I may just have to change the patch lead and the run from the ATU to the
feedpoint. Hopefully, I will get that sorted for next weekend!

73 all, and thanks for the points!
My log is already on LoTW.

Phil GU0SUP