[RTTY] FW: CQ WW RTTY K3MM(@N3HBX) SOAB HP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>, <pvrc@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [RTTY] FW: CQ WW RTTY K3MM(@N3HBX) SOAB HP
From: "Tyler Stewart" <k3mm@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 01:48:19 -0400

From: webform@b4h.net [mailto:webform@b4h.net]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 12:36 AM
To: 3830@contesting.com; k3mm@verizon.net
Subject: CQ WW RTTY K3MM(@N3HBX) SOAB HP

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K3MM
Operator(s): K3MM
Station: N3HBX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 44?
Radios: SO2R

   80:  268   427       48      38    13
   40:  718  1515       50      79    28
   20: 1013  2377       53      90    31
   15:  456  1158       29      68    24
   10:   24    46        8       8     7
Total: 2479  5523      188     283   103  Total Score = 3,170,202

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I have to wonder what possessed me to pick this year's contest to get back
on
for WW RTTY!  I think I can safely say that no all-band records were broken
this year!  With the SFI at 70 and a K index hitting 5 on Sunday...PEEEUWWW!

Actually, the first 24 hours werent too bad except for the complete absence
of
10 meters.  I thought I might actually get close to the 3000 Q mark.  Had
some
pretty phenomenal rates on Saturday and there was some hint of life on 15
meters.

...BUT, Saturday evening/Sunday morning were fairly dismal as the signals
went
into the toilet as did the rates.  Not much to work in that second tier this
evening!  The sandman easily won out as well...took about 3 hours of nappy
time
in the early morning and didnt feel like I missed much...  conditions
gradually
recovered near the end of the contest period, but not early enough to save
15
meters from serious damage and there was never much hope for 10.

One of these days I'm going to have to break down and get some new-fangled
computers and software to do this thing.  But why mess with success?  As
long
as I can keep these ISA bus computers running....  WF1B and RITTY forever!

My thanks again to John Evans, N3HBX, for the use of his fine station.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/