[RTTY] UA9s in zone 16/17?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] UA9s in zone 16/17?
From: Robert Chudek - KØRC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:25:05 -0500
Goetz,

A good question! I log what the station is sending.

But I think I have been "dinged" in the past because the DX station was sending
the "wrong" information (sending CQ Zone instead of ITU Zone number, for
example) and the log checking software was looking for the expected zone number.

A separate message to the contest sponsor asking this question would be most
prudent (not buried in the soapbox comments of a submitted log).

Maybe the station just moved to a new QTH in Zone 17 and the paperwork has not
caught up with the situation! I suspect this situation could get more complex
if the station gives reports on Saturday as Zone 17 and discovers the mistake
and changes the report to Zone 16 on Sunday.

Someone with intimate knowledge of log checking should comment regarding how
far they go to accommodate these types of situations.

MMDV (My mileage does vary)

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Message: 10