[RTTY] using WinWarbler to watch the band open

To: <dxlab@yahoogroups.com>, "RTTY List" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] using WinWarbler to watch the band open
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 07:01:04 -0500
Alternate subject!
"Beacons!, We don't need no stinkun beacons!"

Those of us in the 'Black Hole' of the upper Midwest, are painfully aware of
how the
coasts and south work stations we can't hear.
This morning, 20 was still deader than my love life but I had the radio on
14071 while
doing paperwork.
I couldn't hear any signal, but I noticed a trace faintly beginning in the
waterfall.

While I still didn't 'hear' anything from the radio, it began to decode into a
ON4
station.

And then like 'Siegfried & Roy', magically, more traces faintly began to
appear, grow
stronger as the band opened.

So who needs beacons, if your trying to work that rare station, just put WW on
the screen,
and watch for traces  to begin.
Maybe you will get the jump on that station you need before the cluster spot
gathers the
hordes. lol

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."