Re: [RTTY] WF1B and "too many prefixes

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WF1B and "too many prefixes
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 17:15:19 -0500
> Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 08:20:38 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
> Subject: [RTTY] WF1B and "too many prefixes"
> To: rtty@contesting.com
>
> --- Dave W7DPW <w7dpw@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > I have V5.02 and it still has a limit on it that is too low....
>
> I am not a WF1B user.  Where do the country files come from?
>
> A few country file releases ago, I removed about 400 stale
> prefixes.  NA still
> has a problem with too many prefixes, so COUNTRY.DAT has even
> more stuff
> filtered out.
>
> If WF1B uses the country files from
> http://www.country-files.com/ then it's
> possible I can help.  I need to know where to find and how to
> install WF1B,
> what country file to use, if there's any processing that
> needs to be done, and
> what to do that results in the "too many prefixes" message.
>
> 73 - Jim AD1C

Jim,

I for one would like to take the time to publicly thank you for the work you
do with the country files.  While I don't have the need to download the
edited version, the simple fact that you'd take the time to install the
program and specially make the file usable for those that do, is a monument
to your dedication.  I do however use the regular file and am always sure to
download it before each contest.

Thanks for the work you do dude.. Its greatly appreciated!

Charlie
KI5XP