Re: [RTTY] RTTY Screwed by FCC?

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Screwed by FCC?
From: Michael Keane K1MK <k1mk@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:19:02 -0400
At 12:57 AM 10/13/06, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

> > > 2) RTTY (digital) is no longer permitted between 7075 and 7100
> >
> > I don't see this implication in the R & O. It's no longer permitted
> > between 7125 and 7150.
> >
> > Oh, but I see what you mean, there seems to be a typographical error
> > in this.
>
>I don't know that it is a typographical error.

It another typo. There's a typographical error on page 40 as well, so
there's precedent for a degree of sloppiness in generating the R&O.

>There was no need to make the change to the first line of the 40
>meter table.  It
>was changed.  I assume the change was intentional.

Well, if it isn't a typo then it would have the effect of creating an
exclusive CW sub-band  from 7075 to 7100 KHz within the ConUS. The
FCC doing that intentionally seems extremely implausible given
there's no mention of it anywhere the text.

73,
Mike K1MK

Michael Keane K1MK
k1mk@alum.mit.edu